Monday, October 12, 2015

How to Proceed: Continue This Arc ASAP or Not?

Alright, here it is.

Now, I've finally managed to finish another book. It's short, like, not even novella length, but I've looked it over a couple times and I think it's fit for human consumption. So things should be okay and I can post it, right?

Well, here's the thing. If you're reading this, you might have already read Young Magic Knight, and if you read all of it, you would know that the story isn't over. There are still story events I foreshadowed that need to happen, some vaguely alluded to character backstories that I feel a need to elaborate on, and other important things going on in the world at/around the same time that have to be explained.

However, the story I have finished has nothing to do with any of that.

It's still set in the same world, and you might recognize some of the characters/remember hearing their names from Young Magic Knight, but the story itself is almost completely unrelated, focuses on something else entirely, and it does nothing to progress the plot. It's just a side story, and I wonder if any of you three would really be interested in that, even though my progressing the main story might not happen for a very long time.

I mean, yeah, I have begun work on something that does have to do with the arc introduced in Young Magic Knight, but like I said, it's gonna take a loooooong time to finish, so in that case I can either finish it and put it all up in maybe a year, or I can just write it chapter by chapter, putting each one up in an incomplete form. (I might talk more about that later)

I dunno... right now, what I do next depends on what you want to see. If you're interested in reading the side story, I can put it up. Otherwise, I'll just save it for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment